2007-09-10 06:29:25

by Voni Hakau

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez obex problem

hi list,

i'm trying to use btobex (compiled from bluez' obex cvs package).

i can push files just wonderful using:

./btobex -i hci0 push target-bdaddr file-to-send

but i didn't manage to receive files as I need to supply btobex some "channel":

./btobex pull <bdaddr> [channel]

what is this channel ?
how can i get it ?
i just want my device to accept files pushed from other devices...

(it is embedded and i need the simplest possible command line obex
tool)

thank you !
voni

by Voni Hakau

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluez obex problem

Hi Manuel,

On 9/11/07, Manuel Naranjo <[email protected]> wrote:
> Check the project OpenObex, they are the defacto implementation for obex
> under linux.

but it is only ftp server ? no opp server ?

thank you
voni

by Manuel Naranjo

Check the project OpenObex, they are the defacto implementation for obex
under linux.
> thank you very much for the reply.
> is there a simple command-line OPP server or FTP server application anywhere ?
> and just for the sake of knowledge - how can i know what channel to supply
> btobex when it is needed ?

by Voni Hakau

Hi Marcel

On 9/10/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> > i'm trying to use btobex (compiled from bluez' obex cvs package).
> > but i didn't manage to receive files as I need to supply btobex some "channel":
> > what is this channel ?
> > how can i get it ?
> > i just want my device to accept files pushed from other devices...
>
> you ahead and actually do read the Object Push Profile specification
> since you messed up the terminology here. The pull command is still a
> client connection that pulls something from a server and not a server
> that might accept incoming connections.

thank you very much for the reply.
is there a simple command-line OPP server or FTP server application anywhere ?
and just for the sake of knowledge - how can i know what channel to supply
btobex when it is needed ?

thank you
voni

2007-09-10 19:05:52

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Voni,

> i'm trying to use btobex (compiled from bluez' obex cvs package).
>
> i can push files just wonderful using:
>
> ./btobex -i hci0 push target-bdaddr file-to-send
>
> but i didn't manage to receive files as I need to supply btobex some "channel":
>
> ./btobex pull <bdaddr> [channel]
>
> what is this channel ?
> how can i get it ?
> i just want my device to accept files pushed from other devices...

you ahead and actually do read the Object Push Profile specification
since you messed up the terminology here. The pull command is still a
client connection that pulls something from a server and not a server
that might accept incoming connections.

Regards

Marcel