2005-05-12 18:37:47

by Vinod

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] trouble setting up pand

> > 1) modprobe bnep's on both ipaqs
> > 2) set one as master and confirmed it
> > 3) pand --listen --role GN on the master
> > 4) pand --connect 'master-address' which i got
> from
> > hcitool scan
>
> skip step 2, because it may cause troubles.

tried skipping step 2 and set both back as
slaves,resulting in same error.

> > Then i get the following message
> >
> > root@h3600:/etc/bluetooth# udhcpc[29501]: udhcpc
> > (v0.9.9-pre) started
> > udhcpc[29501]: SIOCGIFINDEX failed!: No such
> device
>
> What else do you see in the syslog. Run "hcidump -X
> -V" as root to check
> the BNEP connection setup.
Unfortunately the latest familiar version(0.8.2),
which i have, does not have hcidump in its linux
distribution. And i still havent figured a way out to
compile with gcc on my ipaq. is there any other other
way to check bnep0 status? Doing ifconfig bnep0
returns

ifconfig bnep0
ifconfig: bnep0: error fetching interface information:
Device not found

So i believe bnep connection does not exist.

would appreciate if you let me know if any other
workaround exists until i figure out a way to run make
on my ipaq.

Vinod

Yahoo! Mail

by Albert Huang

Try using a different release of familiar.

I believe bluetooth support is broken in familiar 0.8.1 and 0.8.2. We
were unable to get bluetooth working on a H5550 or H3800 and
encountered inexplicable errors that did not appear on other versions
of familiar and on x86 machines.

I recommend pb's unstable16 build that he made about a year ago. You
can find that.here:
http://handhelds.org/~pb/unstable/old/

-albert

On 5/12/05, Vinod <[email protected]> wrote:
>=20
> > > 1) modprobe bnep's on both ipaqs
> > > 2) set one as master and confirmed it
> > > 3) pand --listen --role GN on the master
> > > 4) pand --connect 'master-address' which i got
> > from
> > > hcitool scan
> >
> > skip step 2, because it may cause troubles.
>=20
> tried skipping step 2 and set both back as
> slaves,resulting in same error.
>=20
> > > Then i get the following message
> > >
> > > root@h3600:/etc/bluetooth# udhcpc[29501]: udhcpc
> > > (v0.9.9-pre) started
> > > udhcpc[29501]: SIOCGIFINDEX failed!: No such
> > device
> >
> > What else do you see in the syslog. Run "hcidump -X
> > -V" as root to check
> > the BNEP connection setup.
> Unfortunately the latest familiar version(0.8.2),
> which i have, does not have hcidump in its linux
> distribution. And i still havent figured a way out to
> compile with gcc on my ipaq. is there any other other
> way to check bnep0 status? Doing ifconfig bnep0
> returns
>=20
> ifconfig bnep0
> ifconfig: bnep0: error fetching interface information:
> Device not found
>=20
> So i believe bnep connection does not exist.
>=20
> would appreciate if you let me know if any other
> workaround exists until i figure out a way to run make
> on my ipaq.
>=20
> Vinod
>=20
> Yahoo! Mail
>=20
>=20

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Vinod,

> > > 1) modprobe bnep's on both ipaqs
> > > 2) set one as master and confirmed it
> > > 3) pand --listen --role GN on the master
> > > 4) pand --connect 'master-address' which i got
> > from
> > > hcitool scan
> >
> > skip step 2, because it may cause troubles.
>
> tried skipping step 2 and set both back as
> slaves,resulting in same error.
>
> > > Then i get the following message
> > >
> > > root@h3600:/etc/bluetooth# udhcpc[29501]: udhcpc
> > > (v0.9.9-pre) started
> > > udhcpc[29501]: SIOCGIFINDEX failed!: No such
> > device
> >
> > What else do you see in the syslog. Run "hcidump -X
> > -V" as root to check
> > the BNEP connection setup.
> Unfortunately the latest familiar version(0.8.2),
> which i have, does not have hcidump in its linux
> distribution. And i still havent figured a way out to
> compile with gcc on my ipaq. is there any other other
> way to check bnep0 status? Doing ifconfig bnep0
> returns
>
> ifconfig bnep0
> ifconfig: bnep0: error fetching interface information:
> Device not found
>
> So i believe bnep connection does not exist.
>
> would appreciate if you let me know if any other
> workaround exists until i figure out a way to run make
> on my ipaq.

check the syslog for messages from pand.

Regards

Marcel