2005-07-18 18:34:25

by Alessandro Giordano

Subject: [Bluez-users] Blueetooth interface

Hi,
I need some informations about Bluetooth interface to computer.
How can i take advantages of bluetooth technology with any programming language? Possibly...C.
Can you indicate to me which libraries i have to use to do this?
Which ones did you use for hcitool?

Regards,
Alessandro.

by Albert Huang

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Blueetooth interface

BlueZ is linux only.

For windows XP, you'll need to install Service Pack 2 and look for the
Microsoft Platform SDK. You'll also need visual studio or some other
compiler. I don't know about earlier versions of windows.

-albert

On 7/19/05, Alessandro Giordano <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thank you so much.....
> however, do you know if is possible to use these libraries on Windows?
> If not, do you know others libraries which i can use to do it on Win?
>=20
> Regards,
> Alessandro.
>=20
> Albert Huang wrote:
>=20
> >This may help a little:
> >
> >http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/pubs/ashuang-sm-thesis-2005.pdf
> >
> >-albert

> >>there isn't a documention, a manual, anoyone useful to help me learning
> >>to use these libraries?

>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

by Alessandro Giordano

Albert Huang wrote:

>This may help a little:
>
>http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/pubs/ashuang-sm-thesis-2005.pdf
>
>-albert
>
>On 7/18/05, Alessandro Giordano <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Marcel Holtmann wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Alessandro,

>>>the Bluetooth library is a C/C++ library for using Bluetooth. All tools
>>>are actually using this library. Look at the source of these tools and
>>>you find the answers on how to use the API.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>
>>>Marcel

>>>from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
>>

>>>informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
>>>speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
>>>

>>there isn't a documention, a manual, anoyone useful to help me learning
>>to use these libraries?

by Albert Huang

This may help a little:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/pubs/ashuang-sm-thesis-2005.pdf

-albert

On 7/18/05, Alessandro Giordano <[email protected]> wrote:
> Marcel Holtmann wrote:
>=20
> >Hi Alessandro,
> >

> >>I need some informations about Bluetooth interface to computer.
> >>How can i take advantages of bluetooth technology with any programming =
language? Possibly...C.
> >>Can you indicate to me which libraries i have to use to do this?
> >>Which ones did you use for hcitool?
> >>

> >the Bluetooth library is a C/C++ library for using Bluetooth. All tools
> >are actually using this library. Look at the source of these tools and
> >you find the answers on how to use the API.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Marcel

> there isn't a documention, a manual, anoyone useful to help me learning
> to use these libraries?
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

by Alessandro Giordano

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Alessandro,
>

>>I need some informations about Bluetooth interface to computer.
>>How can i take advantages of bluetooth technology with any programming language? Possibly...C.
>>Can you indicate to me which libraries i have to use to do this?
>>Which ones did you use for hcitool?
>>

>the Bluetooth library is a C/C++ library for using Bluetooth. All tools
>are actually using this library. Look at the source of these tools and
>you find the answers on how to use the API.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

there isn't a documention, a manual, anoyone useful to help me learning
to use these libraries?

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Alessandro,