2005-11-27 01:21:33

by Ketil Froyn

Subject: [Bluez-users] cellphone as microphone/webcam?

Hi,

I have a Sony Ericsson Z800i cellphone, and I am wondering if it is
possible to use any of the devices on it from my computer over
bluetooth. I'm not expecting any answers on specifics of my cellphone
here (though if someone were to know something that would be useful),
but rather any pointers to documentation on how this can be done with
the bluez utilities.

Specifically, I would like to try to use the cellphone as a microphone
and webcam, so that I could store the audio/video on my computer. I'm
not sure this is even possible...

Cheers,
Ketil

by Albert Huang

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] cellphone as microphone/webcam?

Unlikely. You'll probably need to find a development kit for the phone (if
it exists) that exposes controls for the microphone/camera and bluetooth.
Then you'd need to write a bluez program to interface with the control
program on the phone. If the phone supports j2me, jsr-82, and whatever jsr
for the microphone/camera, that's a good place to start looking.

-albert