2006-11-13 09:55:53

by Brown Dwarf

Subject: [Bluez-users] Multiple Bluetooth adapters question

Hi all,
This may be a FAQ, but I could not locate an definit answer.

I want to what are all the implications of having multiple bluetooth adapters on a machine.
As you might have guessed, I would like to host more than 7 (say 100 ) BT connections (SPP) at a time. I noticed BlueZ supports upto 16 adapters - which means it can support upto 112 connections at a time ??

Anybody ever tried it ?

In other words, if I have 16 adapters installed on a box and have 100 client BT devices around, can they all communicate to one of those 16 adapters at any time ? I don't know much about the RF side of the problem, but I am little concerned about the fact that BT band-width is small. So can all those devices resonabily share the narrow frequency space ?

Any comments or pointers to any tech infomation / articles / resources will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
-B

Attachments:
(No filename) (373.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Albert Huang

You should experience "graceful" degradation of performance, as you
increase the number of colocated transmitting devices. 100 is pushing
it, but if not all are transmitting, then it should be okay.

-albert