2005-04-20 13:04:51

by Benny

Subject: [Bluez-users] Accessing "/dev/rfcomm0" regarding

Dear all,

We are testing for the bidirectional data transfer between 2 PCs over Bluet=
ooth.

The setup is as follows:
i) Host PC(Fedora 3-Linux kernel 2.6.9) with USB Bluetooth
dongle(CSR Chipset). We have used the Bluez utilities(rfcomm
application) to connect the device and send data through the device
handle "/dev/rfcomm0".
ii) Device PC(Linux/Windows) hyperterminal(COM1/"/dev/ttyS0"). The
BT-SPP module is connected to the Device PC.

We using the commands in the following sequence on the Host PC:
i) hcid
ii) sdpd
iii) sdptool add --channel=3D1 SP
iv) rfcomm connect 0 <BDADDR> 1
v) ls -l > /dev/rfcomm0 - for sending the data, working fine
vi) cat /dev/rfcomm0 - for reading the data, working fine.

We have written a simple program which opens "/dev/rfcomm0" using
"open("/dev/rfcomm0",O_RDWR)". We are able to send data using the
system call "write()". But we are not able recieve data using the
system call "read()". But the "hcidump -x" utility is showing the
recieved data.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Benjamin

by Benny

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Accessing "/dev/rfcomm0" regarding

Dear Marcel,
Thanks for your continued support.

Yes it is working. We have modified our code based on attest.c.
Previously we have not chosen the "raw" mode.

Thanks & Regards,
Benny

On 4/20/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>=20
> > We are testing for the bidirectional data transfer between 2 PCs over B=
luetooth.

> > The setup is as follows:
> > i) Host PC(Fedora 3-Linux kernel 2.6.9) with USB Bluetooth
> > dongle(CSR Chipset). We have used the Bluez utilities(rfcomm
> > application) to connect the device and send data through the device
> > handle "/dev/rfcomm0".
> > ii) Device PC(Linux/Windows) hyperterminal(COM1/"/dev/ttyS0"). The
> > BT-SPP module is connected to the Device PC.
> >
> > We using the commands in the following sequence on the Host PC:
> > i) hcid
> > ii) sdpd
> > iii) sdptool add --channel=3D1 SP
> > iv) rfcomm connect 0 <BDADDR> 1
> > v) ls -l > /dev/rfcomm0 - for sending the data, working fine
> > vi) cat /dev/rfcomm0 - for reading the data, working fine.
> >
> > We have written a simple program which opens "/dev/rfcomm0" using
> > "open("/dev/rfcomm0",O_RDWR)". We are able to send data using the
> > system call "write()". But we are not able recieve data using the
> > system call "read()". But the "hcidump -x" utility is showing the
> > recieved data.
>=20
> this is working. Check the attest program from bluez-utils.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Marcel