2006-03-02 15:08:56

by zhu yong

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Re: Help me! hciattach have no error msg, but hciconfig don't find the device.

Hi,Erwin
my board use Samsung 44B0x chip of ATM7TDMI. I use bluez-utils-2.24 and
bluez-libs-2.24.
Do I need patchs for non-mmu systems?
Is 'startup script' /etc/hcid.conf?
I have no ides how to change the file, I use default config.
hcid.conf content As follows:

#
# HCI daemon configuration file.
#

# HCId options
options {
# Automatically initialize new devices
autoinit yes;

# Security Manager mode
# none - Security manager disabled
# auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
# user - Always ask user for a PIN
#
security auto;

# Pairing mode
# none - Pairing disabled
# multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
# once - Pair once and deny successive attempts
pairing multi;

# PIN helper
pin_helper /usr/bin/bluepin;

# D-Bus PIN helper
#dbus_pin_helper;
}

# Default settings for HCI devices
device {
# Local device name
# %d - device id
# %h - host name
name "BlueZ (%d)";

# Local device class
class 0x3e0100;

# Default packet type
#pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;

# Inquiry and Page scan
iscan enable; pscan enable;

# Default link mode
# none - no specific policy
# accept - always accept incoming connections
# master - become master on incoming connections,
# deny role switch on outgoing connections
lm accept;

# Default link policy
# none - no specific policy
# rswitch - allow role switch
# hold - allow hold mode
# sniff - allow sniff mode
# park - allow park mode
lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;

# Authentication and Encryption (Security Mode 3)
#auth enable;
#encrypt enable;
}

Regards
yong Zhu

Am Dienstag, den 28.02.2006, 23:51 +0800 schrieb zhu yong:
> Hi, everyone
> I use one uare bluetooth device on my arm board. operation system is
> uclinux, kernel is linux-2.4.24.
> I use hciattach cmd. There have no error msg.but I use hciconfig to
> display devices, there have no devices info.
> I don't know why don't find device, any advice will help me!
>
> In addition, I use the same hciattach cmd on my pc, hciconfig can
> find the device.

Attachments:
(No filename) (2.24 kB)
(No filename) (3.24 kB)

by Erwin Authried

Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 23:08 +0800 schrieb zhu yong:
> Hi,Erwin
> my board use Samsung 44B0x chip of ATM7TDMI. I use bluez-utils-2.24
> and bluez-libs-2.24.
> Do I need patchs for non-mmu systems?
> Is 'startup script' /etc/hcid.conf?
> I have no ides how to change the file, I use default config.

The default config should be ok. Some patches are necessary because of
the fork() restrictions on nommu (they may be different for 2.24!):
http://home.at/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/midori/sources/bluez-utils-2.10/

My startup script works as follows:

/sbin/hcid -n &
/sbin/hciattach ttyS0 csr &