2007-08-01 12:52:34

by Timothy Murphy

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Module bluez not found

Hamid MENOUAR wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> In order to use Bluez to connect some bluetooth device on my computer,
> I have installed on my Linux FC2 the four following packages
> (bluez-libs, bluez-utils, bluez-firmware, bluez-hcidump).
>
> And, when trying to load the Bluez module manually by doing "modprobe
> bluez" it says "FATAL: Module bluez not found."
>
> Could anyone help me to explain and solve this?

Why do you think the module is called bluez?

Assuming you are using Fedora you can simply say (as root)
"service bluetooth restart".

Ps FC2 is very old.
You could get more advice from the Fedora list
if you ran Fedora-7 (or even FC6).

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

by Hamid MENOUAR

"service bluetooth restart" works well but still no bluetooth device
is detected when scanning ...

You're right, FC2 is very old, but I need to use this old version for
some reasons. I will try my USB bluetooth adapter with some newer FC
just to see and I will tel you !

Regards,
Menouar