2007-08-01 22:57:37

by Timothy Murphy

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] l2ping: Permission denied

Thomas Heinz wrote:

> I am unable to ping my bluetooth device (Logitech Mobile Pro).

Maybe you have to pair with the device first?

[Nb You obviously know much more about the subject than me,
so this is probably nonsense!]

> Version information: bluez-hcidump-1.37, bluez-libs-3.12, bluez-utils-3.12
>
> Any idea what could be the problem?

Probably not relevant, but with Fedora-7
I also seem to need bluez-gnome , though I use KDE.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

by Thomas Heinz

Hi Timothy

You wrote:
> Maybe you have to pair with the device first?

`hcitool cc 00:0D:44:5D:1A:9B` also fails.

> Probably not relevant, but with Fedora-7
> I also seem to need bluez-gnome , though I use KDE.

I feel that the problem lies somewhere else. Let's see. Hopefully someone
can drop a hint. BTW, I'm not really deeply familiar with the bluetooth
architecture I have to admit.

Best wishes

Thomas