2007-08-10 14:22:14

by Timothy Murphy

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth-applet and gnome-vfs-obexftp

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>> As far as I can see, one has to have bluez-gnome just to establish
>> pairing. Is that right?
>
> That is wrong. Every desktop framework can have its own UI. The
> bluez-gnome provides stuff for GNOME and kdebluetooth provides this for
> KDE. They all communicate over D-Bus.

First of all, thanks for all the good work, Marcel.
I find bluez works fine for me.
I use it mainly in conjunction with gnokii,
to communicate with mobile phones over Bluetooth.

Actually, kdebluetooth was not packaged with Fedora (which I use)
for some time, I'm not sure why.
But I just looked again, and see that it is back.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366