2007-08-19 18:25:54

by Dick Marinus

Subject: [Bluez-users] stale connections with input service (bluez-libs-3.14)

Hi,

I'm using the latest bluez utils and bluez libs but the input service is still
unstable. When I'm not using my dinovo desktop (keyboard/pointing) they
disconnect but the input service doesn't seem to handle it well.

$ hcitool con
keep telling me:

Connections:
ACL 00:07:61:69:XX:XX handle 51 state 1 lm MASTER
ACL 00:07:61:68:XX:XX handle 48 state 1 lm MASTER AUTH ENCRYPT

When I reset the hci:

# hciconfig hci0 reset
The mouse reconnects but the keyboard is still not working, I can only get it
back online by either pressing the connect button or dis-/connect the batteries.

In the stale situation I see still data coming from the devices (with hcidump);
that's kinda weird. (Why isn't it handled by the input service?)

I grepped for "input" in my syslog:
http://rafb.net/p/Kf3Ei066.html

What might be wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Dick

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dick,

> I'm using the latest bluez utils and bluez libs but the input service is still
> unstable. When I'm not using my dinovo desktop (keyboard/pointing) they
> disconnect but the input service doesn't seem to handle it well.
>
> $ hcitool con
> keep telling me:
>
> Connections:
> ACL 00:07:61:69:XX:XX handle 51 state 1 lm MASTER
> ACL 00:07:61:68:XX:XX handle 48 state 1 lm MASTER AUTH ENCRYPT

which kernel version is this. This is not suppose to happen. Have you
tried a 2.6.23-rc3 kernel?

> When I reset the hci:
>
> # hciconfig hci0 reset
> The mouse reconnects but the keyboard is still not working, I can only get it
> back online by either pressing the connect button or dis-/connect the batteries.
>
> In the stale situation I see still data coming from the devices (with hcidump);
> that's kinda weird. (Why isn't it handled by the input service?)

Does the mouse always works? Maybe this is an issue with the
authentication and encryption that are mandatory for keyboard. Which
keyboard are you using? Which Bluetooth chip is inside it.

Regards

Marcel