2007-09-07 14:33:34

by Dick Marinus

Subject: [Bluez-users] input service leaking l2cap connections

Hi,

I still have some trouble with the input service and I think I've found
something related which is reproduceable.

If a device is reconnecting a lot the l2cap table in /sys/class/bluetooth/l2cap
is growing with connections (which aren't closed).

Try the following with a HID input device:

1. Start and configure the input service for the device
2. Start hcidump
3. Power off the input device
4. Wait until "Disconn complete" appear in hcidump
5. Power on the input device
6. Repeat from step 3

If you look at:
sort /sys/class/bluetooth/l2cap |uniq -c

You will see a huge number of connections from the input device.

greetings,
Dick

by Claudio Takahasi

Hi Dick,

I was not able to reproduce the reported problem. Could you please
send me more details? Try reproduce the problem in the latest release
(3.18) and share your hcidump.

On 9/7/07, Dick <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still have some trouble with the input service and I think I've found
> something related which is reproduceable.
>
> If a device is reconnecting a lot the l2cap table in /sys/class/bluetooth/l2cap
> is growing with connections (which aren't closed).
>
> Try the following with a HID input device:
>
> 1. Start and configure the input service for the device
[Claudio Takahasi]
After call CreateDevice how are you connecting the input? Device
initiated connection or calling Device.Connect() ?

> 2. Start hcidump
> 3. Power off the input device
> 4. Wait until "Disconn complete" appear in hcidump
> 5. Power on the input device
[Claudio Takahasi]
how are you reconnecting?

> 6. Repeat from step 3
>
> If you look at:
> sort /sys/class/bluetooth/l2cap |uniq -c
>
> You will see a huge number of connections from the input device.
>
> greetings,
> Dick

BR,
Claudio Takahasi.