2008-05-03 18:35:24

by Dick

Subject: [Bluez-users] Restart input service

Hi,

I still have trouble reconnecting my Logitech Dinovo input devices after some
time when they are disconnected (to safe some power?).

Most of the time this can be corrected by disabling (Status stopped) "Input
service" from the bluetooth-properties application and reenable "Input service"
(Status running).

How can I do this by calling DBUS commands? I'd like to have a script or
shortcut around to save some time...

Thanks in advance,
Dick

by Panayiotis Modestou

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Restart input service

Hi, I think this is what you are looking for

~$ dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez
/org/bluez/service_input org.bluez.Service.Stop
method return sender=:1.10 -> dest=:1.84 reply_serial=2

and
~$ dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez
/org/bluez/service_input org.bluez.Service.Start
method return sender=:1.10 -> dest=:1.87 reply_serial=2

Regards
Panicos

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Dick <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I still have trouble reconnecting my Logitech Dinovo input devices after
> some
> time when they are disconnected (to safe some power?).
>
> Most of the time this can be corrected by disabling (Status stopped)
> "Input
> service" from the bluetooth-properties application and reenable "Input
> service"
> (Status running).
>
> How can I do this by calling DBUS commands? I'd like to have a script or
> shortcut around to save some time...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dick

(No filename) (1.44 kB)
(No filename) (2.03 kB)
(No filename) (320.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Fabrice Ménard

On Saturday 03 May 2008 20:35:24 Dick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still have trouble reconnecting my Logitech Dinovo input devices after
> some time when they are disconnected (to safe some power?).
>
> Most of the time this can be corrected by disabling (Status stopped) "Inp=
ut
> service" from the bluetooth-properties application and reenable "Input
> service" (Status running).
>
> How can I do this by calling DBUS commands? I'd like to have a script or
> shortcut around to save some time...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dick
See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.user/12988/match=3Ddinovo+la=
st
Maybe your answer is there.

Regards,
-- =

Fabrice M=E9nard

Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100. =

Use priority code J8TL2D2. =

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/java=
one