2005-04-13 05:53:24

by Jan Rychter

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Motorola HS-850 and btsco

I wrote:
> I've been trying to get my Motorola HS-850 headset to work with btsco,
> using two different USB adapters.
>
> It seems I'm getting quite far: I can pair the devices, btsco can
> connect, and it can detect button presses:
>
> # btsco -v 00:07:A4:5C:39:F7 1
> btsco v0.4
> Device is 1:0
> Voice setting: 0x0060
> RFCOMM channel 1 connected
> recieved AT+CKPD=200
> recieved AT+CKPD=200
>
> The headset reports as:
>
> # hcitool info 00:07:A4:5C:39:F7
> Requesting information ...
> BD Address: 00:07:A4:5C:39:F7
> Device Name: Motorola HS850
> LMP Version: 1.2 (0x2) LMP Subversion: 0x5dd
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
> Features: 0xfc 0xff 0x8b 0xf8 0x18 0x18 0x00 0x80
> <SCO link> <HV2 packets> <HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log>
> <CVSD> <paging scheme> <transparent SCO> <broadcast encrypt>
> <inquiry with RSSI> <extended SCO> <AFH cap. slave>
> <AFH class. slave> <AFH cap. master> <AFH class. master>
> <extended features>
>
> The problem is that I don't get audio. When I try audio playback or
> recording, I do get a static hiss in the headset and lots of SCO packets
> appear on the link (checked with hcidump).
>
> I also checked that the volumes are set to max using "alsamixer -c1 -V
> all". Tried aplay/arecord, sox, xmms with output to plughw:Headset, all
> produce exactly the same effect.
>
> Kernel 2.6.11, two different USB dongles (one BCM2033-based, one an
> IOGear GBU-311 (thanks, Marcel!)). Same results.
>
> What else there is to try?

[...several days of silence...]

Any other information I can provide, or should I just give up?

thanks,
--J.

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: Motorola HS-850 and btsco

Jan,

I have seen alsamixer fail to grok our audio device. I don't think we're
doing anything wrong though. I know gnome-volume-control can deal with
it properly.

I think the reason you haven't gotten a reply is because everything
you've showed us looks right.

Brad