2004-09-12 23:35:40

by Christoph Torens

Subject: [Bluez-users] missing libsdp

Hello,

I just compiled bluez-libs-2.10 and bluez-utils-2.10
everything went fine, but starting hcitool I get this message:

hcitool: error while loading shared libraries: libsdp.so.2: cannot open

I cross compiled it, so that _might_ be a source of error.
To be exact I did for bluez-libs:
./configure --host=arm-linux

and for bluez-utils I did:
./configure --host=arm-linux
--with-bluez=/home/sordid/downloads/bluez-libs-2.10_installDESTDIR/usr/
--with-usb=/opt/arcom/arm-linux/src/linux-source-2.4.21-rmk1-pxa1-arcom1/drivers/usb/
--enable-debug --enable-test --enable-initscripts

I thought the USB command is ment for cross-compiling,
so I gave the sources for arm-linux USB as the path.
Thats right?

Whats my failure?

Christoph

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] missing libsdp

Hi Christoph,

> I just compiled bluez-libs-2.10 and bluez-utils-2.10
> everything went fine, but starting hcitool I get this message:
>
> hcitool: error while loading shared libraries: libsdp.so.2: cannot open

the libsdp is no longer needed. Sounds like there is an old install of
hcitool. Check that you only have one hcitool program installed on your
system.

> I cross compiled it, so that _might_ be a source of error.
> To be exact I did for bluez-libs:
> ./configure --host=arm-linux
>
> and for bluez-utils I did:
> ./configure --host=arm-linux
> --with-bluez=/home/sordid/downloads/bluez-libs-2.10_installDESTDIR/usr/
> --with-usb=/opt/arcom/arm-linux/src/linux-source-2.4.21-rmk1-pxa1-arcom1/drivers/usb/
> --enable-debug --enable-test --enable-initscripts
>
> I thought the USB command is ment for cross-compiling,
> so I gave the sources for arm-linux USB as the path.
> Thats right?

We never include kernel headers, so this is wrong. And as the help text
of the USB option says it, you can specify the prefix of the USB library
with it.

Regards

Marcel