2004-10-08 06:56:23

by Peter K. Martin

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluetooth for network

hello,
I'm using SuSE 9.1 and have installed and activated the bluetooth-function
of my notebook (Toshiba Satellite Pro M10). Now I want to use the
bluetooth-connection to an accesspoint - it is possible to establish this
connection - as a dummy-networkcard.

What is to do, so that the Linux-System accept the bluetooth-connection as a
network-connection?

Thanks in advance for the urgently needed help
Peter

2004-10-08 09:52:23

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth for network

Hi Peter,

> I'm using SuSE 9.1 and have installed and activated the
> bluetooth-function of my notebook (Toshiba Satellite Pro M10). Now I
> want to use the bluetooth-connection to an accesspoint - it is
> possible to establish this connection - as a dummy-networkcard.

if you access point uses the PAN profile then you can use pand and then
configure the new bnep0 network interface like you did with eth0 before.

Regards

Marcel

by Christoph Torens

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:56:23 +0200, Peter K. Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

> hello,
> I'm using SuSE 9.1 and have installed and activated the
> bluetooth-function
> of my notebook (Toshiba Satellite Pro M10). Now I want to use the
> bluetooth-connection to an accesspoint - it is possible to establish this
> connection - as a dummy-networkcard.
> What is to do, so that the Linux-System accept the bluetooth-connection
> as a
> network-connection?
> Thanks in advance for the urgently needed help
> Peter

you want to use the 'pand' tool of the bluez-utils package
see http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/ for howtos.
for example:
http://bluez.sourceforge.net/contrib/HOWTO-PAN
or