2005-04-14 16:59:13

by Jesse Guardiani

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Re: bluetooth 1.2 - how do I know it's working?

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:26:21 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Jesse,

>> > monitor the "hcitool afh" call and if the value changes then AFH is
>> > working.
>>
>> No, they don't change. Even after a reboot it yields the same result.
>>
>> What should I do to get it working?
>
> it is working, but you need to get heavy data transmission on your
> wireless LAN and place the two devices near by.

I'm not so sure it is working. I'm hearing fairly heavy popping and
cracking over my btsco connection, the 802.11b access point is about
two feet from my DBT 120 and my headset, and the afh value never
changes.

Are there different afhmode settings I can try? Can I experiment
with different afh masks somehow?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jesse,

> > it is working, but you need to get heavy data transmission on your
> > wireless LAN and place the two devices near by.
>
> I'm not so sure it is working. I'm hearing fairly heavy popping and
> cracking over my btsco connection, the 802.11b access point is about
> two feet from my DBT 120 and my headset, and the afh value never
> changes.
>
> Are there different afhmode settings I can try? Can I experiment
> with different afh masks somehow?

there exists a HCI command to influence the classification. So if you
know what frequency is used by your access point, you can block these
channels. Some time ago I thought about writing support for it, but I
never really started it. Feel free to provide a patch.

Regards

Marcel