2005-04-15 13:18:20

by Jesse Guardiani

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: bluetooth 1.2 - how do I know it's working?

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:21:50 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Jesse,

>> > there exists a HCI command to influence the classification. So if you
>> > know what frequency is used by your access point, you can block these
>> > channels. Some time ago I thought about writing support for it, but I
>> > never really started it. Feel free to provide a patch.
>>
>> OK. So custom code is the only way to specify it. What does the
>> afhmode command do then?
>
> switch it on and off.

Ah. I see now. Well, I turned it on and off before starting my btsco
deamon, and the `hcitool afh ...` output didn't change, so I think
*something* is broken. Whether it's my headset, the BT dongle, or bluez, I
don't know. But it doesn't seem to be doing AFH properly.

Marcel, have you personally tested AFH with a DBT 120 dongle, upgraded
to the 1.2 firmware? What remote device did you test it with?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jesse,

> >> OK. So custom code is the only way to specify it. What does the
> >> afhmode command do then?
> >
> > switch it on and off.
>
> Ah. I see now. Well, I turned it on and off before starting my btsco
> deamon, and the `hcitool afh ...` output didn't change, so I think
> *something* is broken. Whether it's my headset, the BT dongle, or bluez, I
> don't know. But it doesn't seem to be doing AFH properly.
>
> Marcel, have you personally tested AFH with a DBT 120 dongle, upgraded
> to the 1.2 firmware? What remote device did you test it with?

I tested it some time ago and actually I think it was with a BlueCore02
module in a Casira, but I can't remember any details.

Regards

Marcel