2008-11-03 11:01:18

by Dean Jenkins

Subject: Can anyone explain the AEAD implementation

Hi,

I observe that the ESP module uses an AEAD crypto API. AEAD means
Authentication Encryption with Associated Data. It seems Encryption and HMAC
are combined into a single API. Am I correct ?

Please can anyone explain how individual Encryption algorithms and Hashing
algorithms are selected for the AEAD API ? For example, I want to use a
particular AES and SHA-1 implementations in a hardware accelerator.

Dean Jenkins
MontaVista Software

2008-11-03 11:15:08

by Evgeniy Polyakov

Subject: Re: Can anyone explain the AEAD implementation

Hi.

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:01:16AM +0000, Dean Jenkins ([email protected]) wrote:
> I observe that the ESP module uses an AEAD crypto API. AEAD means
> Authentication Encryption with Associated Data. It seems Encryption and HMAC
> are combined into a single API. Am I correct ?
>
> Please can anyone explain how individual Encryption algorithms and Hashing
> algorithms are selected for the AEAD API ? For example, I want to use a
> particular AES and SHA-1 implementations in a hardware accelerator.

You can find precise examples in crypto/tcrypt.c test module.

--
Evgeniy Polyakov