2009-05-05 06:08:06

by Ravula Kishor

Subject: talitos_probe hangs

Hi,

I am using ltib-20080811 (2.6.25 kernel) . I am porting it to custom board based on mcf5474. I observed that talitos_probe hangs during the kernel initialization.

Is it a known issue.

Appreciate any pointers on this problem.

Thanks,
Kishor

2009-05-05 17:05:46

by G.Muruganandam

Subject: Re: talitos_probe hangs

You may need to use 2.6.27.

At 11:01 PM 5/4/2009, Ravula Kishor wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using ltib-20080811 (2.6.25 kernel) . I am porting it to custom
>board based on mcf5474. I observed that talitos_probe hangs during
>the kernel initialization.
>
>Is it a known issue.
>
>Appreciate any pointers on this problem.
>
>Thanks,
>Kishor
>

>--
>the body of a message to [email protected]

by Kim Phillips

On Mon, 4 May 2009 23:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
Ravula Kishor <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am using ltib-20080811 (2.6.25 kernel) . I am porting it to custom board based on mcf5474. I observed that talitos_probe hangs during the kernel initialization.
>
> Is it a known issue.

so the the mcf5474 utilizes SEC h/w version 1.1 (or a variant thereof),
with which the talitos driver is currently incompatible. Even if
you've managed to fake the device tree node properties, the driver has
the master reset bit in a different position than the one on the
mcf547x, so it doesn't even know how to reset the device properly.

you might try entering a ticket with the freescale coldfire support
web - who knows, they might be willing to assist you in porting the
driver to handle sec h/w versions < 2.0. AFAIK, various registers,
various bits within registers, and the descriptor submission method
differ in the h/w, and the driver needs to double as a platform
driver for coldfire arch.

Kim