2010-10-25 23:50:18

by Mark Allyn

Subject: General questions on crypto

Folks:

I am trying to understand how to implement an ahash instance for a
hardware encryption device.

I notice that the in-kernel documentation has no mention of ahash.

Does anyone know where I can find a basic how-to document on putting
together an ahash implementation in an existing driver?

The sha1_generic that is supplied appears to be using shash, is there an
example for ahash?

Thanks

Truly,

Mark Allyn
Portland, Oregon
http://www.allyn.com
971-563-7588

2010-10-26 00:06:32

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: General questions on crypto

Mark Allyn <[email protected]> wrote:

> The sha1_generic that is supplied appears to be using shash, is there an
> example for ahash?

We have a number of existing drivers under drivers/crypto that
use the ahash interface. You can use them as a model for your
driver.

Email: Herbert Xu <[email protected]>