2010-10-25 18:29:25

by Mathias Krause

Subject: AES-NI for x86?

Hello list,

will there be a 32-bit version of the Intel AES-NI code? I've seen a 32-bit
version in openssl so it should be possible. Not?

Regards,
Mathias

2010-10-25 23:50:06

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: AES-NI for x86?

Mathias Krause <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> will there be a 32-bit version of the Intel AES-NI code? I've seen a 32-bit
> version in openssl so it should be possible. Not?

It won't exist unless someone writes one. Are you volunteering? :)

Ccing the author in case there is some reason why it won't work in
32-bit mode.
--
Email: Herbert Xu <[email protected]>

by Huang, Ying

Hi, Mathias,

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 07:50 +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Mathias Krause <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > will there be a 32-bit version of the Intel AES-NI code? I've seen a 32-bit
> > version in openssl so it should be possible. Not?
>
> It won't exist unless someone writes one. Are you volunteering? :)
>
> Ccing the author in case there is some reason why it won't work in
> 32-bit mode.

It can be done in 32-bit mode. We have not done that simply because we
still have no time to work on that.

You are welcome to do that. :)

Best Regards,
Huang Ying

2010-10-26 05:37:55

by Mathias Krause

Am 26.10.2010 um 03:28 schrieb Huang Ying:
> Hi, Mathias,
>
> On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 07:50 +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:
>> Mathias Krause <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> will there be a 32-bit version of the Intel AES-NI code? I've seen a 32-bit
>>> version in openssl so it should be possible. Not?
>>
>> It won't exist unless someone writes one. Are you volunteering? :)
>>
>> Ccing the author in case there is some reason why it won't work in
>> 32-bit mode.
>
> It can be done in 32-bit mode. We have not done that simply because we
> still have no time to work on that.
>
> You are welcome to do that. :)

Oh, well. Not the answer I'd like to hear but I can give it a try. Just give
me some time :)

Best regards,
Mathias