2007-08-27 22:12:50

by Eran Ben-Avi

Subject: OCF for Openswan 2.4.9 - tasklet or workqueue ?

Hi,

I tested IPSec(tunnel mode) routing performance between 2 GbE ports using packet generator(SMARTBIT) on ARM 500MHz with latest OCF patched on Openswan2.4.9 and I noticed the callback functions are using workqueue.
Since RX was performed in NAPI mode with higher priority then TX (in workqueue), the callback function(in ipsec_ocf.c) was starved with zero routing.
The problem was solved after I switched to use tasklet instead of current workqueue.
Is there a room for updating next OCF release ?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Eran Ben-Avi