Subject: DRBG CAVS using libkcapi

Hi All,

I was going through libkcapi APIs to see if it can be used for DRBG CAVS validation. But I am thinking it cannot be.
I also found cavs_driver.pl, this seems to depend on some kernel mode driver. Is it like I need to testmgr.c kind of an interface and that should be accessed by user mode.

Please can any confirm if my understandings are correct?

Regards,
Jaya

2020-05-27 19:22:43

by Stephan Müller

Subject: Re: DRBG CAVS using libkcapi

Am Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020, 04:21:31 CEST schrieb Bhat, Jayalakshmi Manjunath:

Hi Jayalakshmi,

> Hi All,
>
> I was going through libkcapi APIs to see if it can be used for DRBG CAVS
> validation. But I am thinking it cannot be. I also found cavs_driver.pl,
> this seems to depend on some kernel mode driver. Is it like I need to
> testmgr.c kind of an interface and that should be accessed by user mode.
>
> Please can any confirm if my understandings are correct?

The libkcapi cannot be used for CAVS testing the DRBG. Also a number of other
ciphers like the asymmetric ciphers are not testable via libkcapi.

And yes, the Perl code refers to a kernel module that I developed but is
private that allows full CAVS testing - this is the one that is used for all
kernel crypto API CAVS/ACVP certificates that are out there.

Ciao
Stephan