2009-07-28 08:52:56

by Nico Erfurth

Subject: Padlock with VIA Nano still crashing

Hi,

I've tried to setup a fileserver with a Via Nano board (Jetway
NF77-N1G6) to use it's Padlock encryption engine. All works fine with
the software encryption, but when I try to use the Padlock driver I get
sporadic crashes while reading and writing on my encrypted device.

I can't provide the crashdump right now, because the machine itself is
not useable after the crash anymore. Whatever I try to do after the
kernel panic just results in another panic.

But I've compared the message with the sourcecode and it seems to point
to the "repz xcrypt-ecb" command used by aes_encrypt.

I've tried the latest cryptodev-2.6 and linux-2.6 (2.6.31-rc4) same
problem with both versions. (Which include fixes for the Via Nano)

Does anybody have an idea how I could get the crashdump so I can send it
to the list? If there is no other way I'll write it down next time.

Regards,
Nico

Subject: Re: Padlock with VIA Nano still crashing

* Nico Erfurth | 2009-07-28 10:26:54 [+0200]:

> Does anybody have an idea how I could get the crashdump so I can send it to
> the list? If there is no other way I'll write it down next time.
If you have a serial port you could dump it there (console=ttyS0 in the
kernel command line).
Could you please provide /proc/cpuinfo? What parameters have you used to
create to setup your crypt partition (key size, cipher mode)?

I've tested crypto dev recently with ipsec and that seemed to work.

> Regards,
> Nico

Sebastian