2010-06-15 14:20:41

by Dmitry Kasatkin

Subject: Crypto API from user space

Hi,

Can I use kernel Crypto API from user space?
I remember 2 or 3 projects about it.

But what is the one and only one I need? :)

Thanks,
Dmitry

2010-06-15 16:24:47

by Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos

Subject: Re: Crypto API from user space

Dmitry Kasatkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I use kernel Crypto API from user space?
> I remember 2 or 3 projects about it.
>
> But what is the one and only one I need? :)

I don't know which is the one you need, but I know the one I use. Check
http://home.gna.org/cryptodev-linux/

regards,
Nikos

2010-06-16 08:43:44

by Dmitry Kasatkin

Hi,

BTW.

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/cryptodev-2.6.git

Has this kernel anything about cryptodev as well?

Thanks,
- Dmitry

On 15/06/10 19:24, ext Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> Dmitry Kasatkin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can I use kernel Crypto API from user space?
>> I remember 2 or 3 projects about it.
>>
>> But what is the one and only one I need? :)
>>
> I don't know which is the one you need, but I know the one I use. Check
> http://home.gna.org/cryptodev-linux/
>
> regards,
> Nikos

by Dwi Sasongko Supriyadi

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Dmitry Kasatkin
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> BTW.
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/cryptodev-2.6.git
>
> Has this kernel anything about cryptodev as well?
>
> Thanks,
> - Dmitry
>
> On 15/06/10 19:24, ext Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>> Dmitry Kasatkin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can I use kernel Crypto API from user space?
>>> I remember 2 or 3 projects about it.
>>>
>>> But what is the one and only one I need? :)
>>>
>> I don't know which is the one you need, but I know the one I use. Check
>> http://home.gna.org/cryptodev-linux/

Thanks for this link, I never know about it.

So far, I wrote my own driver to access kernel crypto API with certain
fops (read/write/ioctls).

Regards,
DWI