2023-03-14 21:20:36

by Ryan.Wanner

Subject: Crypto Testmgr test vector questions

Hello

What is the goal of test vector 4 on alg:aead authenc-hmac-shaX-cbc-aes
tests? I am trying to debug sam9x60ek board and only test vector 4 for
authenc fails. I am curious what the goal of test vector 4 test is as
this could help me in my debugging efforts.

BR,
Ryan

2023-03-15 04:34:07

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: Crypto Testmgr test vector questions

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 09:20:27PM +0000, [email protected] wrote:

> What is the goal of test vector 4 on alg:aead authenc-hmac-shaX-cbc-aes
> tests? I am trying to debug sam9x60ek board and only test vector 4 for
> authenc fails. I am curious what the goal of test vector 4 test is as
> this could help me in my debugging efforts.

Are you talking about "RFC 3602 Case 4"? The only difference that
I can see from "Case 3" (48 bytes) is that "Case 4" is longer (64 bytes).

You may want to insert some printks into testmgr.c to assess the
nature of the failure by dumping the output from your algorithm.

Email: Herbert Xu <[email protected]>