2006-10-13 17:20:22

by Michael Frey

Subject: Re: crypto: Add support for the Geode AES engine (v4)

Does this patch support the eeprom on the AES module?

Also, Can this patch be used on a 2.6.18 kernel?

Thanks,
Michael

On Oct 4, 2006, at 4:52 AM, Herbert Xu wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 11:17:39PM +0000, Jordan Crouse wrote:
>>
>> Changes made and new version follows. Thanks for the comments.
>
> Patch applied. Thanks everybody.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Visit Openswan at http://www.openswan.org/
> Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>
> Home Page: http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/
> PGP Key: http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/pubkey.txt
>

> ---
> as: [email protected]
> [email protected]

2006-10-13 17:32:39

by Jordan Crouse

On 13/10/06 13:18 -0400, Michael Frey wrote:
> Does this patch support the eeprom on the AES module?

No - not yet. I wasn't happy with way we did that driver in the first
place (heaven help me, I make stupid programming decisions sometimes),
and I also wanted to get the crypto engine itself in first.

The eeprom will be coming soon - but probably not to this crowd, since
it will (for now) just be a generic device providing a bit of storage
on chip. If there is a generic way for dealing with hardware keys in
the crypto subsystem, then we can tie it together later.

> Also, Can this patch be used on a 2.6.18 kernel?

Hmmm... I use the new API - is that legal for 2.6.18?

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer

2006-10-14 00:02:27

by Herbert Xu

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 01:18:20PM -0400, Michael Frey wrote:

> Also, Can this patch be used on a 2.6.18 kernel?

No but you can find one that works in the mm kernels prior
to 2.6.18's release.
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>