2016-07-21 12:12:58

by Harsh Jain

Subject: Max data limit for AEAD operation

Hi All,

There is maximum limit of data which crypto user can send(in encrypt)
to get TAG in AEAD operations. We do not have update/final like
implementation for AEAD algo's. why is this so?

Regards
Harsh Jain

2016-07-22 04:40:23

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: Max data limit for AEAD operation

Harsh Jain <[email protected]> wrote:

> There is maximum limit of data which crypto user can send(in encrypt)
> to get TAG in AEAD operations. We do not have update/final like
> implementation for AEAD algo's. why is this so?

Because our users haven't needed it so far. Also algorithms like CCM
cannot support such an operation.

If you have a valid use case for it then I'll consider it.

Email: Herbert Xu <[email protected]>

by Harsh Jain

Hi,

Thank for reply. As such I don't have any use case. But the use case I
can think of is AEAD operation on large file using AF_ALG interface.
If user tried this he/she will get invalid TAG value.

Regards
Harsh Jain