2015-02-26 18:10:32

by sri sowj

Subject: How to deal with backlog messages in crypto driver

Hi All ,

As per my understanding backlogs are used when crypto hardware
processing a request ,then multiple incoming requests comes to serve .
A queue/backlog is created to enqueue the request .Please let me know
if my understanding is incorrect.

EX:
M4,M3,M2,M1 ----> H(M0)

Here H(M0) under processing, M1 - M4 request comes when M0 is under
processing so M1-M4 are backlogged.

I am unable to understand how backlog messaging works in Linux kernel
crypto subsystem,Please can some one help me to understand following.

#1: In open source I can find references like below

backlog = crypto_get_backlog(&dd->queue);
async_req = crypto_dequeue_request(&dd->queue);

if (backlog)
backlog->complete(backlog, -EINPROGRESS); // Not
really sure what does this call for?

Here When does this backlogged message gets processed?

Note:from http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-crypto%40vger.kernel.org/msg12206.html
,I can understand that backlogged messages need not to be resubmitted.

Please can some one help me to understand how/when to make use of
backlog technique in linux kernel crypto subsystem.

BR,
Srisowj