2017-11-12 13:30:54

by Pierre

Subject: PATCH : Fix NULL pointer dereference on no default_rng

Hi

The attached patch fixes a kernel panic on boot on my current system that
occurs since kernel 4.13 (and is still happening with 4.14-rc7).
crypto_get_default_rng() likely returns an error, and ecc_gen_privkey ignore
that error. Thus when it later uses the default_rng, a null pointer
dereference occurs.
This patch just sends an error as was likely intended in the original code.

Thanks

Pierre Ducroquet

Attachments:
0001-Fix-NULL-pointer-deref.-on-no-default_rng.patch (1.09 kB)
signature.asc (833.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.
Download all attachments

Would you mind sending the patch using 'git send-email'? Kernel
community does not accept attachments.

Regards,
PrasannaKumar

2017-11-12 14:11:55

by Pierre

On Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:25:02 PM CET PrasannaKumar Muralidharan wrote:
> Would you mind sending the patch using 'git send-email'? Kernel
> community does not accept attachments.
>
> Regards,
> PrasannaKumar

Ho my bad, sorry. Doing it right away.