2009-05-08 12:00:43

by Karl Hiramoto

Subject: pcomp for lzma for later use with squashfs

Hi Geert,

Was wondering if there are any patches for pcomp lzma. it it just a matter of adding crypto/lzma to make the calls to lib/decompress_unlzma.c ?

I just started looking at this, my end goal is to use your pcomp patch for squashfs and get lzma squahsfs.

Thanks,

karl.

2009-05-08 12:14:19

by Geert Uytterhoeven

Subject: Re: pcomp for lzma for later use with squashfs

On Fri, 8 May 2009, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
> Was wondering if there are any patches for pcomp lzma. it it just a matter of
> adding crypto/lzma to make the calls to lib/decompress_unlzma.c ?

I'm afraid not, as lib/decompress_unlzma.c seems to use a `pull' framework (the
`fill' function pointer), complicating partial decompression.

> I just started looking at this, my end goal is to use your pcomp patch for
> squashfs and get lzma squahsfs.

That would be great, thx!

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect
Techsoft Centre

Technology and Software Centre Europe
The Corporate Village ? Da Vincilaan 7-D1 ? B-1935 Zaventem ? Belgium

Phone: +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax: +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

A division of Sony Europe (Belgium) N.V.
VAT BE 0413.825.160 ? RPR Brussels
Fortis ? BIC GEBABEBB ? IBAN BE41293037680010

2009-05-08 15:08:26

by Phillip Lougher

Karl Hiramoto wrote:
> Hi Geert,
>
> Was wondering if there are any patches for pcomp lzma. it it just a
> matter of adding crypto/lzma to make the calls to lib/decompress_unlzma.c ?
>
> I just started looking at this, my end goal is to use your pcomp patch
> for squashfs and get lzma squahsfs.

If you can get crypto/lzma working with Squashfs that would be good. It will
be an added reason to move Squashfs over to the cryto API.

Thanks

Phillip

2009-05-08 18:00:09

by Chris Umphress

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Karl Hiramoto <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Geert,
>
> Was wondering if there are any patches for pcomp lzma. it it just a matter
> of adding crypto/lzma to make the calls to lib/decompress_unlzma.c ?
>
> I just started looking at this, my end goal is to use your pcomp patch for
> squashfs and get lzma squahsfs.

I've just begun to look at this over the last couple days as well but
have not yet been able to assess what is necessary to make this
happen.

If you are interested in developing the patch, I'm willing to help.

--
Chris Umphress <http://www.epicvoyage.org>