2009-06-01 10:33:02

by Alexander Beregalov

Subject: SILO & Ext4

Hi

I found that Sparc cannot boot when rootfs is Ext4 (converted from ext3).

Is anyone working on adding ext4 support to silo?
Is it hard to implement?

2009-06-01 10:41:24

by David Miller

Subject: Re: SILO & Ext4

From: Alexander Beregalov <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:33:02 +0400

> I found that Sparc cannot boot when rootfs is Ext4 (converted from ext3).
>
> Is anyone working on adding ext4 support to silo?
> Is it hard to implement?

I'm personally not going to work on this, that's for sure :-)
Although it shouldn't be hard.

All of my effort has been spent on adding sparc support to
grub2.

2009-06-01 10:49:09

by Alex Buell

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:33:02 +0400, I waved a wand and this message
magically appears in front of Alexander Beregalov:

> I found that Sparc cannot boot when rootfs is Ext4 (converted from
> ext3).

I simply have Silo boot from ext3 partition before mounting ext4
partition. Works well.

> Is anyone working on adding ext4 support to silo?

Unknown - ask on the sparc linux mailing list.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Fearsome grindings.

2009-06-01 13:53:02

by Alex Buell

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 03:41:24 -0700 (PDT), I waved a wand and this
message magically appears in front of David Miller:

> All of my effort has been spent on adding sparc support to
> grub2.

That is wonderful news, can't wait to test it out in the near future!
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Fearsome grindings.