2014-01-27 15:02:09

by Theodore Ts'o

Subject: SMR Project List

I've been putting together a list of potential work items that would
help improve Linux's support for SMR drives.

Currently it's for brain storming purposes only, but later on we might
use this so we can better coordinate efforts across engineers at
different companies, in terms of avoiding duplicating work and making
sure we understand dependencies and gaps.

My intention is to have this to be a community-edited document. If you
are interested in making any changes, please let me know and send me a
Google account id (i.e., GMail address, etc.). Anyone can make comments
on the spreadsheet, so if you'd like to do that, feel free.

Cheers!

- Ted

2014-01-27 16:37:45

by Zheng Liu

Subject: Re: SMR Project List

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:02:09AM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> I've been putting together a list of potential work items that would
> help improve Linux's support for SMR drives.
>
> Currently it's for brain storming purposes only, but later on we might
> use this so we can better coordinate efforts across engineers at
> different companies, in terms of avoiding duplicating work and making
> sure we understand dependencies and gaps.
>
> My intention is to have this to be a community-edited document. If you
> are interested in making any changes, please let me know and send me a
> Google account id (i.e., GMail address, etc.). Anyone can make comments
> on the spreadsheet, so if you'd like to do that, feel free.

Hi Ted,

I am happy to cooperate this with you and other folks. Here is my GMail
address ([email protected]). Please let me know if I can help some
thing.

Thanks,
- Zheng

2014-01-27 16:54:26

by Carlos Maiolino

Hi Ted, can you add myself to the list?

[email protected]

cheers

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:02:09AM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> I've been putting together a list of potential work items that would
> help improve Linux's support for SMR drives.
>
> Currently it's for brain storming purposes only, but later on we might
> use this so we can better coordinate efforts across engineers at
> different companies, in terms of avoiding duplicating work and making
> sure we understand dependencies and gaps.
>
> My intention is to have this to be a community-edited document. If you
> are interested in making any changes, please let me know and send me a
> Google account id (i.e., GMail address, etc.). Anyone can make comments
> on the spreadsheet, so if you'd like to do that, feel free.
>
> Cheers!
>
> - Ted

Carlos

2014-01-28 04:04:31

by Prasad Joshi

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Theodore Ts'o <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've been putting together a list of potential work items that would
> help improve Linux's support for SMR drives.
>
> Currently it's for brain storming purposes only, but later on we might
> use this so we can better coordinate efforts across engineers at
> different companies, in terms of avoiding duplicating work and making
> sure we understand dependencies and gaps.
>
> My intention is to have this to be a community-edited document. If you
> are interested in making any changes, please let me know and send me a
> Google account id (i.e., GMail address, etc.).

HelloTed,

Can you please add [email protected]?

Thanks and Regards,
Prasad

> Anyone can make comments
> on the spreadsheet, so if you'd like to do that, feel free.
>
> Cheers!
>
> - Ted

by Jaegeuk Kim

2014-01-27 (월), 10:02 -0500, Theodore Ts'o:
> I've been putting together a list of potential work items that would
> help improve Linux's support for SMR drives.
>
> Currently it's for brain storming purposes only, but later on we might
> use this so we can better coordinate efforts across engineers at
> different companies, in terms of avoiding duplicating work and making
> sure we understand dependencies and gaps.
>
> My intention is to have this to be a community-edited document. If you
> are interested in making any changes, please let me know and send me a
> Google account id (i.e., GMail address, etc.). Anyone can make comments
> on the spreadsheet, so if you'd like to do that, feel free.
>
> Cheers!
>
> - Ted

Hi Ted,

Could you please add my account to the list?

[email protected]

Thank you~

--
Jaegeuk Kim
Samsung

2014-01-28 06:45:10

by Zhi Yong Wu

HI,

Can you please add my account to the list? thanks.
[email protected]

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:02 PM, Theodore Ts'o <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've been putting together a list of potential work items that would
> help improve Linux's support for SMR drives.
>
> Currently it's for brain storming purposes only, but later on we might
> use this so we can better coordinate efforts across engineers at
> different companies, in terms of avoiding duplicating work and making
> sure we understand dependencies and gaps.
>
> My intention is to have this to be a community-edited document. If you
> are interested in making any changes, please let me know and send me a
> Google account id (i.e., GMail address, etc.). Anyone can make comments
> on the spreadsheet, so if you'd like to do that, feel free.
>
> Cheers!
>
> - Ted

Zhi Yong Wu

2014-01-28 07:55:09

by Rohan Puri

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Theodore Ts'o <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've been putting together a list of potential work items that would
> help improve Linux's support for SMR drives.
>
> Currently it's for brain storming purposes only, but later on we might
> use this so we can better coordinate efforts across engineers at
> different companies, in terms of avoiding duplicating work and making
> sure we understand dependencies and gaps.
>
> My intention is to have this to be a community-edited document. If you
> are interested in making any changes, please let me know and send me a
> Google account id (i.e., GMail address, etc.). Anyone can make comments
> on the spreadsheet, so if you'd like to do that, feel free.
>
> Cheers!
>
> - Ted

Hi Ted,

Can you please add [email protected] ?