2010-02-09 18:32:14

by Chris Puttick

Subject: Practical partition/volume size limitation

Hi all

Sorry to intrude and please feel free to redirect me to another more
appropriate list or alternative source (which I have been unable to
find). We're considering a large-scale filestore deployment (starting
with 32TB, single volume) and some team members have concerns about
the practical scalability of ext4 e.g. time to run fsck.

So some questions :)

Are there any examples of organisations running ext4 with large-scale
filestores? What sort of sizes? What issues, if any, have been
encountered? And if not ext4, what else (assuming a Linux preference)?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Puttick

--
My employers website: http://thehumanjourney.net - opinions in this
email are however very much my own and may not reflect that of my

Documents attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format:
http://iso26300.info