Subject: Testing performance of SSDs using ext4 and effect on parameters

Hi,

I am testing the performance of SSDs using the ext4 file system in
Ubuntu. I want to test the effects on performance by changing
parameters:
1.data=writeback or ordered
2.barriers
3.noatime
4.errors

Can you kindly suggest me how do I change the desired parameters for
testing? And some other resouces that are helpful.

Thanking you,
Rishabh Singh

2014-06-23 15:07:49

by Eric Sandeen

On 6/22/14, 11:30 PM, Rishabh Singh B.Tech., CSE, IIT-BHU, Varanasi (INDIA) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing the performance of SSDs using the ext4 file system in
> Ubuntu. I want to test the effects on performance by changing
> parameters:
> 1.data=writeback or ordered
> 2.barriers
> 3.noatime
> 4.errors
>
> Can you kindly suggest me how do I change the desired parameters for
> testing? And some other resouces that are helpful.

Please read the mount(8) and tune2fs(8) manpages:

# man 8 mount
# man 8 tune2fs

-Eric