2014-02-05 06:15:46

by Aneesh Kumar K.V

Subject: Tuxera test suite failure for setfacl

Hello,

With commit c6ac12a6159c802ae8b757dd13563564e64333df we are modifying
the ctime of the file when changing file's permission by setfacl. The
commit says that is correct as per spec. But we do have a test in tuxera
http://tuxera.com/sw/qa/pjd-fstest-20090130-RC.tgz test/xacl/00.t 45
which expect the ctime to be not changed across setfacl.

I haven't looked at the spec myself. Can you double check and make sure
it is ok to change the ctime across setfacl ?

-aneesh

2014-02-05 20:08:04

by Jan Kara

Subject: Re: Tuxera test suite failure for setfacl

Hello,

On Wed 05-02-14 11:45:39, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
> With commit c6ac12a6159c802ae8b757dd13563564e64333df we are modifying
> the ctime of the file when changing file's permission by setfacl. The
> commit says that is correct as per spec. But we do have a test in tuxera
> http://tuxera.com/sw/qa/pjd-fstest-20090130-RC.tgz test/xacl/00.t 45
> which expect the ctime to be not changed across setfacl.
>
> I haven't looked at the spec myself. Can you double check and make sure
> it is ok to change the ctime across setfacl ?
Well, it would be really strange if changing permissions via chmod(1)
changed ctime but via setfacl(1) did not, don't you think?

Honza
--
Jan Kara <[email protected]>
SUSE Labs, CR

2014-02-06 12:50:10

by Aneesh Kumar K.V

Jan Kara <[email protected]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed 05-02-14 11:45:39, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
>> With commit c6ac12a6159c802ae8b757dd13563564e64333df we are modifying
>> the ctime of the file when changing file's permission by setfacl. The
>> commit says that is correct as per spec. But we do have a test in tuxera
>> http://tuxera.com/sw/qa/pjd-fstest-20090130-RC.tgz test/xacl/00.t 45
>> which expect the ctime to be not changed across setfacl.
>>
>> I haven't looked at the spec myself. Can you double check and make sure
>> it is ok to change the ctime across setfacl ?
> Well, it would be really strange if changing permissions via chmod(1)
> changed ctime but via setfacl(1) did not, don't you think?

That make sense. I guess we should consider this a test case error.

-aneesh