2020-02-06 13:35:42

by Xiaoguang Wang

Subject: ext4 support iopoll

hi,

While testing iouring in ext4, we find ext4 does not support .iopoll yet, since
commit "ext4: introduce direct I/O write using iomap infrastructure", seems that
ext4 can support iopoll as well, just add a ".iopoll = iomap_dio_iopoll,".
So I wonder is there any special reason that ext4 does not have have this iopoll
interface? Thanks.

Regards,
Xiaoguang Wang

2020-02-06 14:50:35

by Jan Kara

Subject: Re: ext4 support iopoll

Hello,

On Thu 06-02-20 21:29:15, Xiaoguang Wang wrote:
> While testing iouring in ext4, we find ext4 does not support .iopoll yet, since
> commit "ext4: introduce direct I/O write using iomap infrastructure", seems that
> ext4 can support iopoll as well, just add a ".iopoll = iomap_dio_iopoll,".
> So I wonder is there any special reason that ext4 does not have have this iopoll
> interface? Thanks.

I'm not aware of any so feel free to submit a patch :)

Honza
--
Jan Kara <[email protected]>
SUSE Labs, CR