2009-04-22 09:08:08

by Jeremy Sanders

Subject: Re: fsck.ext4: Group descriptors look bad... trying backup blocks...

Eric Sandeen wrote:

> I think trying a filesystem with just under 8T would be a useful test too.

Okay, I tried partitioning the md device so that it was under 8T (7.1T in
fact). Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce it in this configuration.

So, either it is a 8T+ problem, which disagrees with the other report, or
the geometry has some sort of impact, or it is because the files I'm copying
keep changing, so it may have gone away, or it is not 100% reproducible.

Shall I wait to see if you have a useful testcase from Thierry Vignaud
before trying something else?

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <[email protected]> http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.

2009-04-22 09:59:27

by Thierry Vignaud

Jeremy Sanders <[email protected]> writes:

> Shall I wait to see if you have a useful testcase from Thierry Vignaud
> before trying something else?

I wasn't able to reproduce it yet :-(