2002-09-17 07:25:36

by Kedar Sovani

Subject: isolation of NFS threads ?

Hey,
How does nfs maintain the isolation between multiple threads.That is when one nfs thread is running how does it avoid other nfs threads from running. This is achieved in BSD using the splxxx() functions. But in LINUX i do not see any similare function which handles this.
Or more generally how does the LINUX kernel, lower and raise the interrupt level it is currently working on? How does it apply to NFS ?

Waiting for reply,

rgds,
Kedar.

2002-09-17 07:38:43

by ashutosh.varshney

Hi

We had a lot of SUN machines and just installed few linux machines.We
have all our licenses/Softwares of Solaris m/cs( NIS also on Solaris).But
when we access the things from linux client..network chokes..all things
hang..then we reboot the linux ..and set the rsize & wsize to 8K and now
things work fine..
Can any one puts lights why this all happen ..where is the problem.. in
linux or solairs.
Any site referneces for this customization..

thanks in advance

Ashutosh