2006-07-24 06:21:49

by Manish RATHI

Subject: Nfs problem on target

Hi,
When I use NFS on 2.4.20 kernel running on my target board, there is no problem?
When I migrate to 2.6.16 and enabled nfs then
Whenever I execute an application over nfs which access NFS for
Reading files, I get frequent prints
"nfs : server 10.199.3.88 not responding, still trying"
" nfs : server 10.199.3.88 OK"

On FAQ it's written this can be because of
Network congestion
Overloaded server
Packets (input or output) dropped by a bad NIC or driver....

But this problem is not with 2.4 kernel.

Thanks
Regards
Manish

by Razvan Gavril

Subject: Re: Nfs problem on target

Manish RATHI wrote:
> Hi,
> When I use NFS on 2.4.20 kernel running on my target board, there is no problem?
> When I migrate to 2.6.16 and enabled nfs then
> Whenever I execute an application over nfs which access NFS for
> Reading files, I get frequent prints
> "nfs : server 10.199.3.88 not responding, still trying"
> " nfs : server 10.199.3.88 OK"
>
> On FAQ it's written this can be because of
> Network congestion
> Overloaded server
> Packets (input or output) dropped by a bad NIC or driver....
>
> But this problem is not with 2.4 kernel.
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> Manish

I have similar problems when using 2.6.16 on the server :( and using a
single client who is doing a cp.