2005-11-07 16:51:29

by Lever, Charles

Subject: updates to the Linux NFS FAQ

i've finally gotten off my lazy ass and added some updates to the FAQ
that have been queued for a while.

question A8 (what is close-to-open cache coherency?) has been
substantially updated to discuss noac, file locking, O_DIRECT, and write
caching behavior.

question D2 now has a better explanation of silly renames, based on some
recent questions to this mailing list.

question D12 has been added, describing how to use "umount -f" and
"umount -l".

- Chuck Lever
--
corporate: <cel at netapp dot com>
personal: <chucklever at bigfoot dot com>

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: updates to the Linux NFS FAQ

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 08:51:22AM -0800, Lever, Charles wrote:
> i've finally gotten off my lazy ass and added some updates to the FAQ
> that have been queued for a while.
>
> question A8 (what is close-to-open cache coherency?) has been
> substantially updated to discuss noac, file locking, O_DIRECT, and write
> caching behavior.
>
> question D2 now has a better explanation of silly renames, based on some
> recent questions to this mailing list.
>
> question D12 has been added, describing how to use "umount -f" and
> "umount -l".

I assume http://nfs.sourceforge.net/ is the right URL for that.

--b.