2004-02-10 22:53:42

by Craig Tierney

Subject: Issue with nfs v3, linux-2.4.21, xfs, and fsx-linux

Should I be able to successfully run fsx-linux over
NFS? My server is linux-2.4.21 with xfs-1.3.1. I am
mounting:

"udp,hard,intr,rw,async,nolock,wsize=8192,rsize=8192,timeo=30"

My scsi driver is qla2200, ver 6.06.10.

My client is linux-2.4.20 with nfs patches from Trond's
directory.

If I run fsx-linux on the filesystem directly, it runs fine.
If I run it over the NFS mount, it will crash with an error
within 30 seconds.

Should fsx-linux work properly over NFS?

Thanks,
Craig