2005-07-09 04:02:25

by Paulo Aboim Pinto

Subject: mount NFS take so long....

Hello

I've try Fedora / Mandrake /Gentoo and now I have Ubuntu (for the 2=C2=BA
time).

In every Distros to mount NFS mount point I had no problem and the
operation was in a click.

With Ubuntu, for each mount I have to wait, at least, 2 or 3 minutes.
This is very odd and because of that I want to know if any one have the
same problem and how did you resolve it.

This is a Ubuntu of NFS version problem??

tkx in advance
Paulo Aboim Pinto
Odivelas - Portugal

by Michael Haverkamp

Subject: Re: mount NFS take so long....

I don't know about Ubuntu, but I have seen this problem before on Gentoo=20
if "portmap" wasn't running.

e.g.

/etc/init.d/portmap start
mount ...

Michael Haverkamp

[email protected] wrote on 07/08/2005 11:02:25 PM:

> Hello
>=20
> I've try Fedora / Mandrake /Gentoo and now I have Ubuntu (for the 2=BA
> time).
>=20
> In every Distros to mount NFS mount point I had no problem and the
> operation was in a click.
>=20
> With Ubuntu, for each mount I have to wait, at least, 2 or 3 minutes.
> This is very odd and because of that I want to know if any one have the
> same problem and how did you resolve it.
>=20
> This is a Ubuntu of NFS version problem??
>=20
>=20
> tkx in advance
> Paulo Aboim Pinto
> Odivelas - Portugal
>=20
>=20
>=20
happening
> July 14 at 8am PDT/11am EDT. We invite you to explore the latest in dual
> core and dual graphics technology at this free one hour event hosted by=20
HP,=20