2005-08-01 10:07:58

by UNIREA Sannicolau Mare

Subject: NFS wierd problem

Ok! I have fix it somehow... it looks like this:

The server is 192.168.1.3, the client is 192.168.1.4
- the /etc/exports on the server contains:
/scoop *(rw,sync)

- the /etc/hosts on server contains:
CASA1 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
CASA2 192.168.1.4

- the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny on the server and client are all
blank!!!!

- the /etc/hosts on client contains:
CASA2 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
CASA1 192.168.1.3

When I go to client and give
#mount 192.168.1.3:/scoop /mnt/1
it works well and I can use the /mnt/1 directory in read-write mode

Ok by now. I give on client
#umount /mnt/1

I give on server
#service nfs restart

I give on client:
#mount 192.168.1.3:/scoop /mnt/1
I receive error: connection failed: the server is down

>From now one, no mater how many times I restart the nfs services on server,
the client tell's me the server is down.

If I rboot the server Linux then all will work fine again (I can mount all
stuff untill I need to restart nfs services which forces me to reboot the
server linux station)

That's a wierd problem. I'm using Fedora Core 2 on all stations. It can be a
distribution problem.

by Jeff Layton

Subject: Re: NFS wierd problem

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 11:50 +0300, UNIREA Sannicolau Mare wrote:
> - the /etc/hosts on server contains:
> CASA1 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
> CASA2 192.168.1.4

If the lines in your /etc/hosts files truly look like that, then that
may be the issue. All lines in there should start with an IP address,
not with these 'CASA1/2' labels.

Apologies if I'm misinterpreting what you posted here...
--
Jeff Layton <[email protected]>