2005-09-07 23:13:14

by Dan Stromberg

Subject: Multiple mounts of the same filesystem

As I was doing the previously-mentioned NFS+QFS+gigabit performance
testing, I got to thinking that it may be faster to sometimes have as
many as 3 NFS mounts of the filesystem: One with read speed optimized,
one with write speed optimized, and one with a balance of the two.

The client I'm working on this for isn't interested in the additional
complication for his users, but I hope someone who -does- have an
environment where every least ounce of performance is importance, might
interested in exploring the idea further.

I have a bit of a writeup of a few different mounting schemes included
at:

http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/nfs-test.html

HTH someone.