2005-11-17 21:27:58

by Walter Faleiro

Subject: Rpc timeout error

Hi,
I am having a linux 7.2 system serving as a nfs server. I can mount the
shares normally on other clients except one, which is Fedora Core 4. I
get this error when I try to mount the nfs share,
Mount:RPC:Timed out.

Is there any setting on FC4 that prevents nfs mounts?

--Walter

by Dan Stromberg

Subject: Re: Rpc timeout error

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 02:59 -0500, Walter Faleiro wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a linux 7.2 system serving as a nfs server. I can mount the
> shares normally on other clients except one, which is Fedora Core 4. I
> get this error when I try to mount the nfs share,
> Mount:RPC:Timed out.
>
> Is there any setting on FC4 that prevents nfs mounts?

iptables?

> --Walter

by Dan Stromberg

In that case:

http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/NFS-troubleshooting-2.html

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 06:12 -0500, Walter Faleiro wrote:
> Dan Stromberg wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 02:59 -0500, Walter Faleiro wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>I am having a linux 7.2 system serving as a nfs server. I can mount the
> >>shares normally on other clients except one, which is Fedora Core 4. I
> >>get this error when I try to mount the nfs share,
> >>Mount:RPC:Timed out.
> >>
> >>Is there any setting on FC4 that prevents nfs mounts?
> >>

> >iptables?
> >

> >>--Walter

> Iptables are disabled on both pc's Disabled iptables on both pc's.

by Walter Faleiro

Dan Stromberg wrote:

>In that case:
>
>http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/NFS-troubleshooting-2.html
>
>On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 06:12 -0500, Walter Faleiro wrote:
>

>>Dan Stromberg wrote:

>>>iptables?

>>Iptables are disabled on both pc's Disabled iptables on both pc's.

Thanks Dan,
running nmap put up an error saying hostname to ip could not be
resolved. Put the entry in the /etc/hosts file and got it running.

--Walter