2002-05-01 05:27:56

by Tina Arora

Subject: Changing Startup Scripts

hello ,
Now My NFS is working sound and I am also able to mount directories on the client perfectly but I am facing 1 other problem n here it follows.
I have to explicitly start nfsd using command rpc.nfsd 8 , also disable the firewall using the command
service ipchains stop ...bcoz of these two problems my automount is also not working ..
How to change the startup scripts so that all these daemons start at boot time ..
thanx n reply soon
tina

2002-05-01 14:35:17

by Alex Thiel

Subject: Re: Changing Startup Scripts

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 07:29, Tina Arora wrote:
> hello ,
> Now My NFS is working sound and I am also able to mount directories on the
> client perfectly but I am facing 1 other problem n here it follows. I have
> to explicitly start nfsd using command rpc.nfsd 8 , also disable the
> firewall using the command service ipchains stop ...bcoz of these two
> problems my automount is also not working .. How to change the startup
> scripts so that all these daemons start at boot time .. thanx n reply soon
> tina

I think you will find the answer to that problem, and many more that you may
encounter in the future, in a good book on Linux system administration.

Alex