2002-05-17 15:03:40

by Dumas Patrice

Subject: requests for lockd

Hi,

I have 3 requests. Could you please tell me if these features will be accepted
or not.

1) client side:
have a nlm_prog or lockprog as option for mount, which says which rpc
program number to use with lockd.

2) server side:
Monitor the caller_name instead of the rpc_peer.

3) client side:
Implement a new callback for a client to be noticed which host to monitor for a
given lock or a given nlm_prog (in case 1) is accepted).

These features are required and sufficient to have lockd tunneling through ssh
with snfs working properly even when there is a reboot.

Pat

N.B. if I were you, I would reject the 3), but who knows ;-).