2002-07-23 14:03:59

by Yu Chen

Subject: Darwin nfs mounting question?

Dear all;

I am tring to mount disks over nfs on Darwin, but failed. Any helps would
be highly appreciated. Here are my information:

I was able to nfs mount the disk on Darwin when the nfs disk was in XFS
file system. Then we formated the disk as ReiserFs file system,and changed
nothing else. The automount seems work fine on Darwin, it doesn't give any
error message when started, but when I try to 'cd' to the directory, it
gives me error message saying:" Operation not permitted".

Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the helps!

Yu Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

phone: (410)455-6347
fax: (410)455-1174
email: [email protected]

by Ragnar Kjørstad

Subject: Re: Darwin nfs mounting question?

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 10:03:56AM -0400, Yu Chen wrote:
> Dear all;
>=20
> I am tring to mount disks over nfs on Darwin, but failed. Any helps wou=
ld
> be highly appreciated. Here are my information:

Possible it's related to the secure/insecure export-options.

--=20
Ragnar Kj=F8rstad
Big Storage

by James Pearson

Did you re-export the file system after changing from XFS to Reiserfs?

James Pearson

Yu Chen wrote:

> Dear all;
>
> I am tring to mount disks over nfs on Darwin, but failed. Any helps would
> be highly appreciated. Here are my information:
>
> I was able to nfs mount the disk on Darwin when the nfs disk was in XFS
> file system. Then we formated the disk as ReiserFs file system,and changed
> nothing else. The automount seems work fine on Darwin, it doesn't give any
> error message when started, but when I try to 'cd' to the directory, it
> gives me error message saying:" Operation not permitted".
>
> Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the helps!

> Yu Chen
> Howard Hughes Medical Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> 1000 Hilltop Circle
> Baltimore, MD 21250
>
> phone: (410)455-6347
> fax: (410)455-1174
> email: [email protected]

by Yu Chen

Yeah, I did re-export the file system, and set the appropriate permission.

Thanks.